Alice had a top 37 things in her pannier, I have a top 11 in order of most importance. You may notice there’s a lot of things that go in my belly, it’s hungry work this cycling lark.
1) Welsh Flag – Always representing! I have a Welsh dragon pair of boxers too, and if enough women (or men) like this post I’ll post a picture of me in them 😉
2) Lager – After six hours in the saddle, one of these little buggers caressing your dry throat is a almost as good as a thigh/arse massage.
3) Banana – If my mam were here she’d say “you’ll end up looking like a banana if you eat any more of those” But she also used to say my eyes would go square from watching to much TV, so I’m gonna keep at em.
4) Merino underwear by Finisterre – Lightweight, super comfy, I’ve actually ridden in them for a few days straight and they don’t smell, honest, ask Alice.
5) Coffee – Eye opening stuff! Black, two sugars (level teaspoon) in my own man cup is the perfect start to the day. I’m positive it’s helping me get up some of these hills.
6) Sunnies – Not one bug in the eye yet!
7) Head torch (Bear spotter) – I’ve scrambled round the tent on many spooky night looking for this bad boy to check out the noise outside. No bears yet though. It also helps with evening reading and doing other things in the dark.
8) Pioneer Mix – Man I go through some of these. Feels like I’ve got nuts in my mouth all day;) waahaay… Very nutritious I’ll have you know.
9) Finisterre Jacket – Early morning descents have been exhilarating and comfortable, campfires have been a joy and it’s a bloody awesome pillow.
10) Sharkies – Organic all natural energy sweets that remind me of one of my best mates cos he’s got an unhealthy love for the men in grey suits.
11) It’s low on the list because it hasn’t been super hot yet but I know it’s gonna save my forehead real soon. Smells like coconut.